Friday, May 27, 2011

Digital Painting

I've had a Wacom tablet for a while now and it's been sitting on my desk collecting dust all this time. I've always wanted to learn how to draw surreal and fantasy-like cities and landscapes on Photoshop. I'm decent at drawing realistic things on paper with charcoal, graphite, and even acrylic but digital painting has always been my dream. I'm always learning new techniques and different styles of drawing, but when I open Photoshop my mind goes blank. I wish I had more creativity than skill. I envy those artists who can draw a fantasy city without knowing what he was going to draw. So far I learned how to blend together colors on Photoshop by adjusting brush capacity and dynamics. I've looked up many tutorials on YouTube and each artist's technique is amazing. For example. cgsbgs paints amazing dragons, swamp monsters, and other creatures. idrawgirls has a variety of paintings; anime, landscape, and futuristic robots. I hope that this summer won't go to a waste; by the end of this summer I dream to have learned how to paint like the people on YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing that you have such aspiration and motivation. Everyone has their own little talents, it's just a matter of time until they are able to fully release its potential.
    I'm rooting for your success~ I know that someone talented like you can do it! Put up some of your own work when you feel like you've improved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that you can do it and you must believe in yourself also

    ReplyDelete